Unfortunately, Hallmark cards don’t exist for many situations when we hear about friends who have received bad news about their health. Carol and David talk about ways that you can turn this into doing some good works, and how to help others.Download the podcast here (5:45).
Carol and David talk about how to bring some new ideas to the fundraising table by bringing in people with widely different skill sets.You can download the podcast here. (4:06)
In this episode, Carol talks about how your organization can become a content provider, and uses the example of this site that gives all sorts of information about Hepatitis B. This shows how an organization can become an online destination and a source of useful and important content, above and beyond a mere brochure of the company’s operations. Download the podcast here (5:45).
In this episode, David explains the importance of email lists and autoresponders, and how they can help organizations connect with their audiences and supply important kinds of content. Download the podcast here (5:45).
In this episode, Carol talks about why every non-profit organization needs a Website, and cites some very compelling statistics about the importance of courting online donors. Download the podcast here (5:45).
In this episode, Carol talks about how brushing up on your professional speaking skills can help motivate donors and make them feel more connected to a particular non profit’s cause.Download the podcast here (5:00).
Carol talks to David about his daughter’s experience volunteering for a teen project with a horse rescue charity, and how he was turned from a volunteer driver into a donor.
In this episode, David talks to Carol about how he helped get his friend involved in his fundraising activities.
Download the podcast now (6:50).
In this episode, we talk about how a gift of intellectual property can be the give that keeps on giving and be more valuable than a cash donation.
Download the podcast now. (5:00)
- 26: Women and fundraising with Margaret May Damen
- 25: From survivor to champion
- A New Take on an Old Technique
- 24: Having unusual special events
- 23: Should you take dirty money?
- 22: When money comes with strings attached
- 21: The ‘Burma Shave’ approach to thanking donors
- 20: How to turn bad news from friends into good works
- 19: How to brainstorm for your next fundraising idea
- Special Events and The Board, Not Forgetting The One Crucial Step
- Special Events-Under Promise and Over Deliver
- 18: Making your Web site a destination