Every donation and donor comes with some history, and sometimes it can be a sordid situation that might be difficult to accept for the organization. In this episode, David and Carol talk about establishing a “rate card” for the different donor levels, so your organization understands what is for sale and how much notoriety will it take. It is also good to understand what is and isn’t for sale.
Download the podcast now (5:45).
In this episode, Carol and David talk about what happens when you ask for help from social venture funds who want to supply executives along with their donations to a non-profit. There are differences in how non-profits and profit-making companies are governed, and some times it is better to look elsewhere for your funding.
Download the podcast here (6:25).
- 26: Women and fundraising with Margaret May Damen
- 25: From survivor to champion
- A New Take on an Old Technique
- 24: Having unusual special events
- 23: Should you take dirty money?
- 22: When money comes with strings attached
- 21: The ‘Burma Shave’ approach to thanking donors
- 20: How to turn bad news from friends into good works
- 19: How to brainstorm for your next fundraising idea
- Special Events and The Board, Not Forgetting The One Crucial Step
- Special Events-Under Promise and Over Deliver
- 18: Making your Web site a destination