Carol and David this week talk to Carrie Wells about her recent selection as a Yoplait Breast Cancer Champion, and some of the work she has done to create the site SurvirorsRetreat.com to help other cancer survivors find and attend weekend retreats to help with their healing. Carrie, who is David’s sister, was inspired by going to a retreat and now is this powerhouse cancer fundraiser. She talks about how she has found her passion and energized her family and friends.
Download the episode here. (11:45)
- 26: Women and fundraising with Margaret May Damen
- 25: From survivor to champion
- A New Take on an Old Technique
- 24: Having unusual special events
- 23: Should you take dirty money?
- 22: When money comes with strings attached
- 21: The ‘Burma Shave’ approach to thanking donors
- 20: How to turn bad news from friends into good works
- 19: How to brainstorm for your next fundraising idea
- Special Events and The Board, Not Forgetting The One Crucial Step
- Special Events-Under Promise and Over Deliver
- 18: Making your Web site a destination